CODE OF ETHICS
As the world’s leading HR professional Organization and official certifying body for HR Management profession, CredilyHR requires adherence to this Code of Ethics as a condition of membership and certification.
CredilyHR’s Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of service and conduct for all persons it has recognized membership and certified to use any of its certification. CredilyHR determines who is certified and thus authorized to use the marks. Implicit in the acceptance of this authorization is an obligation not only to comply with the mandates and requirements of all applicable laws and regulations but also to take responsibility to act in an ethical and professionally responsible manner. Adherence to these standards is expected from all who hold CredilyHR credential and serves to ensure public confidence in the integrity of these individuals.
Those holding an CredilyHR credential commit to the following:
As a CredilyHR certificant, you are responsible for adding value to the organizations you serve and contributing to the ethical success of those organizations. You accept professional responsibility for your individual decisions and actions. You are also an advocate for the HR profession by engaging in activities that enhance its credibility and value. You will:
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior.
- Measure the effectiveness of HR in contributing to or achieving organizational goals.
- Comply with the law.
- Work consistently within the values of the profession.
- Strive to achieve the highest levels of service, performance and social responsibility.
- Advocate for the appropriate use and appreciation of human beings as employees.
- Advocate openly and within the established forums for debate in order to influence decision making and results.
As a CredilyHR certificant you must strive to meet the highest standards of competence and commit to strengthen your competencies on a continuous basis. You will:
- Commit to continuous learning, skills development and application of new knowledge related to both human resource management and the organizations you serve.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge, the evolution of the profession and the growth of individuals through teaching, research and dissemination of knowledge.
As a CredilyHR certificant you are expected to exhibit individual leadership as a role model for maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct. You will:
- Be ethical and act ethically in every professional interaction.
- Question pending individual and group actions when necessary to ensure that decisions are ethical and are implemented in an ethical manner.
- Seek expert guidance if ever in doubt about the ethical propriety of a situation.
- Through teaching and mentoring, champion the development of others as ethical leaders in the profession and in organizations.
FAIRNESS AND JUSTICE
As a CredilyHR certificant you are ethically responsible for promoting and fostering fairness and justice for all employees and their organizations. You will:
- Respect the uniqueness and intrinsic worth of every individual.
- Treat people with dignity, respect and compassion to foster a trusting work environment free of harassment, intimidation and unlawful discrimination.
- Ensure that everyone has the opportunity to develop their skills and new competencies.
- Assure an environment of inclusiveness and a commitment to diversity in the organizations you serve.
- Develop, administer and advocate policies and procedures that foster fair, consistent and equitable treatment for all.
- Regardless of personal interests, support decisions made by your organizations that are both ethical and legal.
- Act in a responsible manner and practice sound management in the country or countries in which the organizations you serve operate.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
As a CredilyHR certificant you must maintain a high level of trust with our stakeholders. You must protect the interests of those stakeholders as well as your professional integrity and should not engage in activities that create actual, apparent or potential conflicts of interest. You will:
- Adhere to and advocate the use of published policies on conflicts of interest within your organization.
- Refrain from using your position for personal, material or financial gain or the appearance of such.
- Refrain from giving or seeking preferential treatment in the human resources processes.
- Prioritize your obligations to identify conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof.
- When conflicts arise; you will disclose them to relevant stakeholders.
USE OF INFORMATION
As a CredilyHR certificant you must consider and protect the rights of individuals, especially in the acquisition and dissemination of information while ensuring truthful communications and facilitating informed decision making. You will:
- Acquire and disseminate information through ethical and responsible means.
- Ensure only appropriate information is used in decisions affecting the employment relationship.
- Investigate the accuracy and source of information before allowing it to be used in employment-related decisions.
- Maintain current and accurate HR information.
- Safeguard restricted or confidential information.
- Take appropriate steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all communicated information about HR policies and practices.
- Take appropriate steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all communicated information used in HR-related training.
Disciplinary Process and Procedures
CredilyHR’s disciplinary procedures have been devised to ensure a fair and reasonable process for any professional holding one of the CredilyHR’s credentials against whom allegations of Code of Ethical and Personal Responsibility violations are brought.
Process Nature – These procedures are the only means to resolve all CredilyHR ethical charges and complaints. CredilyHR has the exclusive authority to end any ethics inquiry or case regardless of circumstances. By applying for certification, HR professionals agree that they will not challenge the authority of CredilyHR to apply the Code of Ethical and Personal Responsibility, the Disciplinary Case Procedures or other policies, and will not challenge the results of any CredilyHR action taken under these policies in a legal or government forum.
- Any act or omission that violates the criminal laws of any state or country in which that individual resides or is employed.
- Any act that is the proper basis for suspension of a professional license.
- Any act or omission that violates CredilyHR’s rules and procedures for obtaining or maintaining certification or is considered a material violation of this Code of Ethical and Personal Responsibility.
- Failure to respond to a request for information concerning an ethics violation allegation by the CredilyHR’s Disciplinary Panel without just cause.
- Obstruction of the CredilyHR’s Disciplinary Panel performance of its duties.
- Any false or misleading statement made to CredilyHR’s Disciplinary Panel.
This list is not exclusive and there may be other acts or omissions amounting to unprofessional conduct that may also constitute grounds for discipline.